This item is special order only, please contact us using the form above for more information.
Why and how?
The concept of using macroalgae as a method of nutrient export is not new. However, the introduction of the ARID (Algae Remediation Illuminated Device) the original, patented macroalgae reactor by Pax Bellum is a quantum leap forward. This ingenious device utilizes macroalgae (specifically Cheatomorpha) to function as a tunable nutrient export mechanism. The unique design of the ARID incorporates a coaxial LED light tube to maximize light penetration and efficiency.
"Much like other forms of media, water is flowed through the reactor. However, this is where things get interesting.
Inside the A.R.I.D. chamber, chaeto algae grows in a controlled environment. As water passes over the algae, specific nutrients, such as phosphate and nitrate, are pulled out of the water and into the growing algae.
Ultimately, the design and functionality of this system allows precise nutrient control. Moreover, since its chamber is sealed from atmospheric gases, it effectively maintains healthy CO2 and organics levels." - Reef Hacks
FISH WASTE -> CHAETO CONSUMES -> NO3, PO4 REMOVED -> NO MORE NUISANCE ALGAE
Why PAX BELLUM?
- The platforms and pillars inside the reactor are made from plastics which also serve as a known plant hormone further fueling growth
- The heat sink is truly state of the art, vacuum sealed and containing a small amount of working vaporizing fluid so you can literally run the PAX dry and never risk burning your LED's
- The LED's are precisely measured for the perfect spectrum for growth of chaetomorpha algae
- The unit is wrapped in a light proof casing for zero light spill and maximum power directed into the unit for extreme efficiency
- The water inlet is positioned directly in the middle of the heatsink for a perfect 360 degree water flow around every cm of growing algae
Suggested Flow Rates:
Click and download table below