Royal Nature Phosphate Professional Test Kit
Phosphorus is one of the basic building blocks of living matter. It is present in every living creature, and in the water of every reef tank marked as PO4. The sources of PO4 will come in significant concentrations from fish food. A single feeding of 5 grams of flakes added to 200-gallon tank may raise PO4 levels by 0.2 PPM!!! Then the fish will consequently excrete much of the PO4 taken from the food as its waste. Tap water can be a significant source of phosphate as well to be avoided by using RO/DI water.
The phosphate value in natural seawater is approximately 0.06 PPM. This value, however, is considerably less in coral reef areas; normally concentrations of between 0.01 and 0.02 PPM are found. With the Royal Phosphate test kit, the phosphate content can be determined using a finely-tuned color chart which has a concentration range of 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 1, 3, and 5 PPM.
Royal phosphate professional test kit is designed to be easy to use and read plus give you 100 tests.
Royal Nature R&D made this kit not only affordable, but easier to read and more accurate. The biggest complaint on titration test kits is reading the color shift to be accurate. Since color variation can be a subject to many factors - ambient light, way of sample’s hold. Individual eye color’s reflection - we in Royal Nature wanted to take the time to use analytic studies to make the colors fit the average eye reflection.
The Royal Nature Phosphate Test Kit is a two-step process using an indicator and powder reagent. Since PO4 levels in natural sea water is around 0.06 PPM, it was important for us to give hobbyists the ability to monitor it at a usable range. Show the importance that the hobbyist should detect PO4 levels from 0.06 which is the level in NSW and up north… these small intervals in the chart can tell you about the accuracy of the test as we have decided to give the
Test Instructions - 2 steps only
Results of Royal phosphate professional test kit are in PPM.
Each kit will give you 100 tests.
2 steps only:
- Using the 5 ml syringe, add 5 ml of aquarium water to the test vial.
- Add to the test vial - 1 level scoop of PO4 - 1 reagent and swirl gently for 10 seconds.
- Add 5 drops of PO4-2 to the test vial and swirl gently for 10-20 seconds.
- Allow it to stand for 1 minute.
- Hold the test vial next to the supplied color chart on a part of the chart which is white and compare the colors looking from the side of the test vial. Read the corresponding phosphate content. An intermediate color corresponds to an intermediate phosphate content.